Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Bus Trip to BP

Last Thursday, my husband told me he had to work late on Friday night so we decided to 'balik Penang' on Friday. Early friday morning, both our kids and the maid followed us to work. After breakfast at my office, my husband called his brother to pick the children and maid at the airport (hubby's workplace). Later after work, I took the bus to the ferry to cross over to the island. I left around 5pm from my office and lucky me I got the bus straigh away and as soon as I reached at the terminal, the ferry arrived.
I called hubby and he said he may not be able to make it so I thought why not I try the bus...I went to the bus terminal and unfortunately the bus to Balik Pulau just left. "Nampak "bontot" bas baru keluar",the inspector said. But another bus will be arriving in 10 mins. He told me to take bus no 403 or 403E. After a 5 mins of waiting, I saw bus no 403 came in. I got on the bus...feeling rather nostalgic.
It reminds me of those good ol' days when I dont have my own transport. During my student days and then when I started working in KL...I usually enjoyed the bus ride. I loved watching people and the scenery. Anyway, the bus took a long way to Balik Pulau. It was fun and enjoyable.
There were still a few good young ones who's willing to give away their seats to the elderly. I couldn't help eavesdropping to some conversation behind me about a guy flirting with two girls. I looked outside the windows and there's so much happenings around us which we hardly noticed if we ride in the car. I saw an old man sleeping on the bench at the bus station at Komtar and everyone pretended he's was not around. There was a mother carrying lots of plastic bags of goodies and her small son following besides her. She cant even hold his hands and the child had to hold her hem to keep up with her.
The scenery turns lovely when we reached the hills. I salute the driver. He's really good. The road was winding around the hill and there are a few sharp turns, but he was a real pro. My husband kept calling me a few times asking me where I was. Finally I arrived at balik pulau. And goodness ..guess what time was it? I arrived at 8.30 pm. It took me 3hrs and 30 mins from my office to my MIL's house in Balik Pulau...!!But time flies when one is having fun...Well..I might do it again next time. This time I might take bus no 403E and see where it will take me for another round of tour. And the best thing about it is it only cost me RM3.00 for the trip.

2 comments:

anom said...

Salam perkenalan Kak Hanim... (I think it's a kak.hehehe..)- I was visiting Kak Ja's blog and stumbled upon yours -- are u two sisters ?

Anyway -- wanted to leave a comment on ur bus ride to BP -- I used to remember all the bus rides I had to take for outings when I was in MRSM BP lightyears ago -- it was a mixture of both good and bad -- the bad part of it of course -- my stomach trying to hold everything down when the driver do the turns.. adoi mak!! But it sure was fun especially when you are with your good friends..

Ibunim said...

Hi Anom..Thanks for dropping by..Yes, Ja is my younger sister..So definitely I'm a Kak Hanim..MRSM BP is juz a holler away from my MIL's house. She staying at Kongsi/Pondok Upeh. If we took the old road, we will definitely passed MRSM but we preferred the new road through Bukit jambul. True..it was fun if you do it once in a while but I wouldn't want to have to travel daily using those winding road...especially these rainy season..there have been a few cases of landslides in the area..