Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ramadhan 2011

It is now 23 Ramadhan 1432 = 23August 2011. Seven more days of fasting. We have bought "Baju Raya" for the kids, my mom and for MIL. I got mine at one of the bazaar at Prai, Penang. At this age, I dont need expensive new clothes any more.

I remember those days when I will go to the boutique for my baju raya. I was single then..Now I cant afford to dress lavishly. Let the kids enjoy themselves.They will soon grow out of it.

Kad Raya...nowadays it is almost extinct. But it would be great to receive one once in awhile especially from someone special.

Kuih Raya is a must.I will bake a cake and make some cookies but majorities especially the traditional cookies will need to be bake using my fingers..hehehe..at the office.

Open House Raya...it has become a tradition to visit relatives' and friends' houses during this festive season. Now, invitation was sent out to invite friends and families to their house.

Ketupat, be it ketupat pulut or ketupat nasi will be served together with Rendang ayam or rendang daging. Now they even have Rendang Ikan. Ketupat also can be eaten with serunding daging or ayam.

Duit Raya ..this is a time of giving and celebrating the end of fasting.Those days, duit raya was only 10cents or 20cents. Now, it went up to RM2 to RM10 each. Some even went up to rm50 to RM100. No matter what, we cant compare with the Chinese New Year's ang pow..Huge amount!!

WISHING HERE TO ALL MY MUSLIM FRIENDS AND FAMILIES..SELAMAT HARI RAYA. MAAF ZAHIR AND BATIN..TO ALL MY NON-MUSLIM FRIENDS, HAVE AN ENJOYABLE RAYA CELEBRATION AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS....KEEP SMILING:)

No comments: