Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boosting marriage life

My friend sent me to the bus station last nite. It was soo dark and yet the time was only 6 pm. I dont feel like walking to the bus stop in the drizzling rain and in this kind of weather. It's not because I was afraid of getting wet but it was also very dangerous to wait alone in this kind of weather...
Anyway, we were chatting in the car and I was telling him that it was my hubby's birthday.
"Why didn't you take leave?" he was asking. "I'm taking half day leave for my son's birthday on the 23rd. Furthermore, I dont have much annual leave left"..
Frankly, I can spare a day leave for my hubby, but I was still mad at him for forgetting our anniversary last month. Imagine....I took leave to spend time with him and he was off to work on his rest day for the whole day...Leaving me with the worst anniversary celebration I've ever had...! To top that up, I bought him a nice gift which he couldn't be bothered to acknowledged...
My friend told me that he wanted to take leave for his wife's birthday but it was too close to Chinese New Year. Being an Indian, he had to give way to his Chinese friends for their New Year celebration.
"I used to give her presents for her birthdays b ut I don't know why I didn't now...I think I'll start back giving her presents."
"She'll be pleased if you do. I guess it's life that people take for granted after few years of marriage and people tend to forget the importance of cherishing little things like birthdays and anniversaries"
That starts me thinking...We haven't had a proper anniversary since ages ago...Why do people changed after marriage?? They took each other for granted and it is driving them apart..
Time to think of a way to boost the marriage life back.....

No comments: