Thursday, August 20, 2009

Beware...Women in danger

Last Monday nite, I had to take the bus home from work. My hubby had to work late because of the election at Permatang Pasir. As usual, I took the 6.30pm konsortium bus from Butterworth to Alor Setar. I called my mom to pick me up at City Plaza around 8pm.

I reached Pekan Rabu, Alor Setar around 8pm and started walking to City Plaza...I heard someone honking so I turned around to see if I knew anyone but No one that I could recognise there. So I kept walking. It was not far and since it was still early, there were still some crowd in town. Then, a car went passed me. A man in the car kept calling me. So when he stopped by the roadside, I look into the car...

"Hai..buat-buat tak kenal ..no..(You pretend not to know me?) Mai la naik, boleh pi hantaq balik.(get in..I'll sent you home).."

I stared hard at him trying to remember if I knew him or not..realizing I definitely DO NOT know him, I said..."Tak palah..abang dah tunggu kat sana..(It's okay my hubby is waiting over there).."

"Oh..Abang dah mai ambik..Tak palah kalau lagu tu..(Oh your hubby is picking you up.It's okay then)" and he left..

I was wondering if I managed to get away from a posibble danger.. what if another girl fall into that trap..what will happened..? I just wouldn't want to find out..

9 comments:

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Ish... jantan-jantan gatai nih!

Did you know what happen to Mak last week? When this young guys came to the house, akap ikut tingkap and said "Abang suruh mai repair" laptop. Abang mana? Takkan Ayah kot yg dah 72yo?Lagipun, kalau Ayah yg suruh, for sure dia dah kenal Ayah.. so at least katalah "Pakcik" ka atau "Dato'". Betui dak?

Lucky Mak realized their motive. Jahat betui.

Ibunim said...

Yes Mak told me..I kept reminding my maid to keep the grill locked at all times..and never to open the door to anyone unless we told her about it in advance..itu pun I asked her to confirmed with us first..

Mak was lucky coz the door was locked.

Lee said...

Hello Ibunim, that was fast thinking on your part.
We never can tell about these people. Better be safe than sorry....glad you okay.
But hey...on the plus side, you have the ahemmm, attractive looks and...ha ha to have attracted him, ha ha.

Ibunim, here's wishing you and all at home Selamat menjalankan ibadah puasa dengan penuh tabah dan kesyukuran.
Best regards, and do take care....have a pleasant and safe weekend Ibu, Lee.

Ibunim said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts Uncle Lee..It was just pure reflex..what with all the bad news we've been hearing nowadays about all kinds of mishaps.

You have a good weekend and keep smilling,,dear..

Lee said...

Hello Ibu, just dropped by to wish you a happy hari Merdeka.
Best regards, Lee.

Ibunim said...

Gee..thanks U.Lee..That's sweet of you..Wishing you Happy Hari Merdeka too..No matter where you are deep down ..once a malaysian, always a malaysian right..?

Take care U. Lee and keep smiling..

Lee said...

Hello Ibunim, reading your comment in my pondok about you trying out cake making, here's one of my favourite cakes. Can be used for birthday cakes too.
If you do try this one, hantar saya telegram, take a pic. Sure would love to see it.
This is a famous Hawaiian recipie.
You have fun, Lee.


PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
( winner of the Hawaiian Pineapple Company Recipe Contest).




Drain the juice from 1 large can of either Crushed or Sliced Hawaiian Pineapple. 


Sift 2 cups flour. Sift again with 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.



Cream 1/2 cup butter or substitute, gradually add 1 cup sugar; cream well. 

Beat yolks and whites of 2 eggs separately. 
Add yolks to creamed mixture; mix well, then add flour and 1/2 cup milk alternately, mixing well. 



Fold the 2 beaten egg whites and 1 teaspoon vanilla. 


Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large frying pan. 

Spread 1 cup of brown sugar over pan.


Add pineapple (if Sliced is used, place slices closely together on the sugar;
if Crushed, simply pour in the well-drained fruit). 



Pour cake batter over fruit. 

Bake 45 minutes. 

Turn upside-down on serving dish and garnish with maraschino cherries.


Whipped cream may be spread over top.
Using 350 degrees will produce excellent results.

Best wishes, Lee.
ps, make this for hari raya, surprise your hubby and relatives, and me too, ha ha.

Ibunim said...

Thanks U.Lee..I will definitely try this recipe..will post it later..
Surely it's gonna be interesting..

Take care and have a wonderful weekend..

Zhafri said...

erkk>???mcm2 da jd..
tokmi pown kna gak??