Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cuti-cuti family gathering

On the fifth December 2008, all my family except my sis's family gathered at Penang for holidays. We used to have this routine every Hari Raya Haji but somehow it stopped a few years back...I supposed all of us having bigger family members and we are getting heavier to move anywhere in a group.....Anyway, last month, I invited all to join the gathering in Melaka but was rejected..too far...they said. So, I figured out, why not having it in Penang...Since I have a membership of Bayview Hotel, I booked three suites for the family....

We left at 11am to Prai...There's a good food stalls at Inderawasih where they sell nasi hujan panas every friday...Really yummy..!!They started at 12 noon and the "nasi" will finished by 1 noon. If you are late, you will only get the nasi putih...People basically rushed for the rice every friday...

Later, the guys went for Friday prayers and the ladies went window shopping at SSF.

We left for Ferringhi beach around 2pm...and reached Bayview Beach Hotel after 3pm ..due to the jam on the bridge, as usual. (Who said Penang Bridge was not making money???)

When we reached the hotel, only 1 suite was ready and available. Since all of us was rather exhausted from the travelling, we cramped into the one suite first...

Later, we went to our own suites around 4pm.

As normal, my parents' suite is where all the foods and junkies are...They are sharing the suite with my second brother...

We went for a walk by the beach the next day, kids having fun playing by the sea, horse riding( including my hubby), parachuting for the big boys and sand castle for the smaller kids...Later after lunch, we took a dive in the swimming pool...And as usual, I was the baby sitter while the others went out shopping...but it was fun..and all of us were burnt by the night time, especially me...

We had tomyam dinner at the nearby restaurant; belanja by my eldest brother..after which we went shopping at the side road stalls along the road..I managed to get a good LV wallet for RM28.00 which was initially offered at RM55.00

We checked out the next afternoon and went our separate ways...My family went to my mother -in-law house at Balik Pulau for Raya Haji and my brothers went back to their own places...

It was good to gather again....Hope next time we can all have a full family gathering again...

I've gotta start planning from now.....

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to all muslimin and muslimat...Semoga tahun ini membawa perubahan ke arah keimanan yang sejati...aminnn.

No comments: