Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good bye 2008

Today is the last day of the year. We are leaving 2008 in a few hours time. Early this year, I was told that 2008 will be a good year for me. Well, I do read through my horoscope (the problem is I can’t be sure whether I am a Geminian or a Cancerian) and also Chinese forecast (definitely a Dragon). Just for the fun of it. My wealth is on the positive side but my health will be on the negative side. Looking back the year 2008 there were a few things which had a major impact in my life and my family as a whole:

Well, this year I had good luck in my fortune/wealth side in terms of bonus, increments and salary adjustments. However, as forecasted I underwent an operation that resulted with me losing my voice.

My daughter, Auni, had been registered as “OKU” and able to enrolled into special class in Sekolah Kebangsaan Suka Menanti. She is happier there as they have swimming lessons every Sunday and the teachers are very helpful. I can see vast improvement in her studies and communication skills ever since. She even went to Terengganu through her school trip. She was also taught gardening. I remember the first time she came back from school and gave me “kacang panjang”. “Cikgu suruh ibu masak sayur ni”, she said. I found out from her teacher that they grew all these vegetables at her school and distributed to the students once they ripen. She also joined “pengakap” of which the smallest size uniform is still too large for her.

Amir, joined Tadika Kemas and has learnt on ways to make friends beside learning to read, write and count. He has shown his true colours in his class…Being an “Emir”, he’s becoming a leader in his class. At 5 years old, he would go up to his teacher and report what his friends had been up to…”Kuat mengadu” that’s what his teacher said. I remembered the teacher told me once when she told the kids, “ kalau siapa nakal nanti cikgu panggil polis” So Amir stood up and said;”Cikgu, ayah saya pun polis” During his birthday, I managed to persuade his brother Zhafri, to give Amir his PS2. But for a price…gotta give him RM300 so that he can top up with his saving to buy PSP. At least both of them got what they both wanted. Since then, Amir didn’t want to go anywhere. He would rather stay at home and play with his PS2 rather than going shopping.

Zhafri, has ended his form 5 and heading for another era of his life….outside school days. Sometimes, I forgot that my children are growing up very fast. Soon Zhafri will be off to further study and later will start working. He is going to be an adult…!!Sometimes, I’ve forgotten that I’m getting old…but my growing up children will keep me in check. Zhafri is already getting so tall. At 17 yo, he’s already 5’10” and still growing. Perhaps, he’s going to be taller than his father who is 6’ 2”We’ll have to wait and see…

As for me…nothing much changes. Just hope that 2009 will be a good year for me and my whole family…Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Queen Of The House said...

Dear Hanim, I definitely hope 2009 will be a better year for all of us!

Senyum I baca about your daughter and the kacang panjang. I remember when my eldest daughter was in primary school, gardening was also one of the activities for the special education classes. Everytime I went to her school, she'd point out the plants which her class planted. (Bila dia masuk secondary, it was cooking classes pulak and she'd bring home all kinds of food they cooked in class ..... sedap pulak tu :D )

Have you got your voice back now? I can't imaging losing my voice ... but definitely if I do, my house will be much, MUCH quieter :P I hope healthwise it will be a good year for you.

p.s. On the PS2 .... the one in our home is beyond repair and my boys have been begging for an upgrade to PS3. I think not!! It's too much of a distraction .... the games seem to take over their entire lives kalau ada, so, biarlah tak ada. UPSR year for my elder boy, anyway.

Ibunim said...

Dear QOTH,
Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I hope things will go well if not better for this year. As for my voice, it is still hoarse but everyone said it was so much better compared from the last 6 months. At least, they can understand what I was saying.

Losing my voice doesn't stop me from nagging. My kids are the happiest lot coz they can ignore my nagging since they cant make out what I was saying. It doesn't matter as long as it gets out of my systems.

About special education school, I guess my Auni will be in cooking classes as well when she goes to secondary school. She seems interested in the area even now..Well, still a few years to go and we'll juz have to wait and see.

Guess, it's not too late to wish you " Happy New Year and Salam Maal Hijrah" May this upcoming year be a more fruitful year and brings more good health to all of us.....

Wan Zhafri said...

aiya..i dont want to get any taller..
looking weird..hehe
view my new blog~

Ibunim said...

Zhafri.read your blog hmmm..very creative..sure you dont wanna grow some more?? well you dont have much choice do you...hehehe