Sunday, March 29, 2009

World Earth Hour 2009

Earth day falls on 22 April this year. But last Saturday night was Earth Hour. Billions of people around the world switched off their lights to help save the planet.

Our house was no exception. I almost forgotten about it until I opened up Facebook and saw an entry by one of my friends, saying how excited her children was waiting to switch off the lights.

I started taking out candles and their holders. "OK kids, time to light up the candles and switch off the lights" My two young ones were so very excited. Amir kept asking who's birthday it was since we were lighting up the candles.

Then...Lights off...But the TV was on since the akademi fantasia was already on. So all of us stayed in the dark watching TV. We even swithced off the air con and the fans.

Around 9.15pm..we heard someone knocking at the door. My MIL and Brother in law juz arrived with his family. "Awat..Tak dak karan ka?" Amir juz replied, " Tak..Ibu kata hari ni birthday dunia..sebab tu lah kena pasang lilin.."Then, my brother in law juz laughed and explain to my MIL. So we continued staying in the dark for another 15 mins before I started announcing to my kids to start blowing off the candles and switched on the lights again. My kids were happy blowing off the candles and enjoyed the 1 hour earth hour...The only person complaining was my husband..since the air con and fans was off. He stayed in the room with the fan on.

It was a good hour for my kids.They never complaint. They treat the one hour as a game in the dark...

4 comments:

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Kak Anim,
Kami bergelap for 2 hours. Budak2 excited sungguh. Tengok AF & pasang aircond.

Dok mai sini tak dak update posting pun... Mai hari ni tengok2 dah ada banyak dah... Ingatkan dah lupa nak blog..hehehe...

yus said...

kak anim,
yus pun sama. anak2 excited tapi si bapak budak turned on the lights buat dek je, he announced boldly "org nak dinner ni..".tak sampai sejam le bergelap pun.

Ibunim said...

Ja, depa paling seronok masa nak nyala candles dan masa nak tiup candles..berebut-rebut sampai nak bergaduh..last2 kena nyala lagi sekali dan bahagi sama byk between both of them..
Bukan lupa nak blogging..tapi tak dan. Ni dah ada notebook baru dan Wimax, senang sikit blogging dalam bilik

Yus,
sama lah dengan bapa budak2 ni. kamibergelap di bawah..dia sikit punya best duk kata atas...anyway, candle lit dinner pun exciting jugak. Next time ajak Teh makan dgn candle lights..Baru romantik..

yus said...

kak anim,
as long as my dad is around, tak leh la nak romantic dgn candlelit dinner ke apa ke, sebab there's at least 3 of us berdinner sekali. hehhehe...kena sabarrr...