Monday, April 06, 2009

Spending quality time


Well...I've been neglecting my kids and depriving them of their long deserving holidays. Even though they have never complaint about it but I felt kinda guilty. Every little time I had, I will definitely try to make it up to them ..well..unfortunately my weekends and their weekends do not concide. Mine falls on Saturdays and Sundays while their's falls on Fridays and Saturdays.
Anyway, I took them to play rides and games at the shopping complex, or juz went for shopping.

I'm lucky that my kids are not the demanding type. Whenever I spend time with them, they will enjoy just about everything we did together. Last week end it rains heavily. I just dont feel like going out..then I remembered DDI's cupcakes. Why not give it a try??

I announced to the kids.."who wants to bake cakes??" Both of them started to scream excitedly...well..that's it..I took out the ingredients but still I was still short of a few stuff..No choice..Gotta go out and get them..Rain or no rain..

I ended up buying more stuff than what I needed. That's not unusual for me.I called my mom since she was alone at home (dear daddy went to KL for a meeting). She came and we started the baking programme..The kids were excited..Both were busy helping us with the cake mixing and their favorite..cake batter tasting..Finally, it's baking time..all was set and the first batch went in. Auni keep asking "bila nak masak??" "dah masak ke ibu??" questions all the time..After Putting in the last batch into the oven, I notice something was wrong with the cakes..They did not rise as they should..Alamak..No electricity..The plug was not properly plug in.."Terbantut kek tu" mom said. I plugged back the socket and on with the baking..

Decorating was the best part for the kids. I made chocolate toppings and most of the toppings went into their mouth rather than the cakes..what mstters was that they enjoyed the day..They finished 12 cupcakes in 2 days .....between the two of them..

4 comments:

farihah asri said...

weee~
syoknya buat kek,,
laz ihah buat dgn adik2,,
mse bfday mak taon lepas,,
abes kek 2 kitaorg decorate,,
hehe,,
aunty,,my new blog,,
tataw pasepa blog lme email xleyh gna,,
;)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Happy to hear that Amir and Auni loved the baking experience! Batter yg tak masak pun depa makan, macam those in my house too lah. Tak sakit perut pulak tu..hehehe...

Next time mai KL, jom kita bake ramai2. Biaq belengaih satu dapoq!

** BTW, saw one baju yesterday at Sbg Parade. Was sure it'll look good on you. So I got it for you**

Ibunim said...

Eyha, Auntie dah tengok your blog..Memang syok buat kek ramai2..Your mom must be very proud of all of you. Kalau auntie pun mesti rasa best giler kalau anak2 hadiah kek buatan sendiri...Sedap ke tak..itu belakang kira..it's the thoughts that counts..

Ibunim said...

Ja, Actually dah lama mak ajak buat cupcakes..You are the inspiration..finally dapat juga buat and although tak lah cantik sangat...and terlebih manis but it was fun...I've added in the photos