Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Little thieves

Last Saturday, I called up mom asking her to accompany me to buy some cakes baking groceries. Since it was still early, she wanted to go to the market first..

We went to "kedai bawang" where we can get onions and groceries at a cheaper price. And nearby, we stopped by "kedai beras" to get the supply also at a cheaper price. Then off to the market to get our supplies.

By the time we reached home, we were too tired to go and get the baking stuff. So, while we were taking all the shopping out of the car boot, I saw 3 little kids, one girl and two boys, around the age of 8 to 9 yo. At first glance, I thought they just got back from mengaji al-quran. They were carrying some papers. Well, I didn't give them a second glance until my mom's neighbour started yelling. I was shocked and asked her why..She said the kids took all the letters from the mail boxes from each house. I rushed out the gate in time to see one of them took the letters from the neighbour's letter box.

"Mak, tolong jerit sat kat bebudak tu" I called my mom. She started yelling at them. One of them, the girl threw the letters by the road side. I started the car back and asked my mom to get in..They ran off the corner, and by the time we found them, the three of them were sitting under a tree surrounding the loads of letters they took from the houses.

I stopped the car by their side and they took off through the back alley. My mom went down and collected all the letters. We continued our search and saw them coming out of the alley. Unfortunately, the road was closed due to "kenduri kahwin" At least it was still early and there were no guests arriving yet. Both of us went down and talk to the people there and showed them the bundled of letters these little rascals had taken. We spread the letters on the table and saw mine was also there. One of the guys volunteered to delivered the letters back to the rightful owner. We took those letters addressed nearby and put them back in the letter boxes.
Gerammmnya...If only I could get my hands on them, I'll make sure their parents knew what their kids were doing.
What if, my son's offer letter was taken by them and he lost his chance to further his studies just because these rascals wanna have fun...God forbid..Now, I'm still looking for these little thieves...

8 comments:

yus said...

kak anim,
perangai budak2 mcm ni pun ada? tak sangka depa boleh get excited dgn curi letters dari rumah org. you're right, memang niaya sapa yg missed opportunities just because of these culprits doings. Cari sampai dapat kak anim...lepas tu taboh cukup2..hahahah (tuang minyak ni!)

Ibunim said...

Hi Yus..Yang best tu..I juz found out the kids are from rumah kenduri tu..Sampai sudah they did not admit...The kids are not from here, juz came for the kenduri..Grandfather depa kahwin.. hehehe..but I've seen them a few times. I bukan nak taboh depa cuma nak gari tangan depa sampai mak bapak depa mai claim balik..Bagi depa takut ...

yus said...

hai kak anim...(bunyi mcm gergasi cakap dgn awang kenit)
ni betui ke bini polis nak gari tangan budak ni? satgi masuk paper 'cop's wife abuse power' hehehhe.. nak menambah perisa lagi, org ambik video masuk you tube. aaa..famous amos la gitu...
gosip sikit, betui ke grandfather yg kawin? amin...malaysia boleh!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Agaknya tension pasai Tokwan depa kawen tu yg depa buat perangai tu! Tokwan depa kawen dengan sapa? Anak dara ka?

Ishh... out of topic pulak la..hihihi..

Ibunim said...

Tu yang best tu..I asked the same question..Anak dara ke Mak J..Tapi tak taulah pulak....Zaman la ni, Tok Wan kahwin pun buat kenduri besar-besar...siap ada catering lagi..Mesti anak dara kut. Kalau Mak J, takkan nak buat besar-besar..Betoi tak?
Pasai gari tanagn tu, my husband punya idea..I sendiri pun tak terpikir pasal tu.

yus said...

kak anim,
dah ada gari tu try2 le sendiri dulu. Err..sadist ke kincky ke..aww... ;)
kalau orait, habag kat I na? ahaks...

Ibunim said...

Sorryle...memang tak minat..Nak pinjam ke? ;)

yus said...

Boleeehhh...nanti siap pakcik tu kena gari bila dia balik! hahahhaha..sadist...